As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.
Counselling for families
The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.
Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.
- Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
- Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
- Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.
Interpreting and translations
We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.
If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.
For more information, listen in your language.
Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.
Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)
Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.
Eureka Public School P&C Association Mission Statement
The aim of our P&C is to promote the interests of all students of Eureka Public School by bringing parents, citizens, students and teaching staff into a close co-operation, inviting and encouraging an open and respectful, cooperative and inclusive community.
Key objectives, values & priorities include:
- Support and encouragement of the school to prioritize and provide for the well-being of all children, and a positive, happy learning environment where there is laughter and fun.
- Planning and support of management of fundraising initiatives and effective use of P&C resources to provide facilities, equipment and experiences that are academically, socially, emotionally & physically beneficial for all students of EPS.
- To approach any issues that arise with a positive attitude.
- The P&C is open to all parents and carers of students attending our school.
P&C Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at 5pm.
All parents and carers are welcome to attend!
2019 Office Bearers:
President: James Parrett
Secretary: Michelle Harris
P&C contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org